9/17/2019 8:07:00 AM
Summa Health Medical Group
Ophthalmology - Professional Center North - 75 Arch Street, Suite 204, Akron, OH 44304
Summa Health System is recognized as one of the region’s top employers by a number of third party organizations, including NorthCoast 99. Exceptional candidates gravitate to Summa because of its culture, passion for delivering excellent service to our patients and families commitment to our philosophy of servant leadership, collegial working relationships at every level of the organization and competitive pay and benefits.
Prepares patients and performs specified testing under supervision. Assists physician in performance of additional eye procedures. Performs light clerical duties and confidentially maintains patient electronic medical health record
Formal Education Required:
- Completion of an approved Ophthalmic Technician /Assistant Program or five (5) years equivalent experience in an ophthalmic setting
- Certified or certification eligible by Joint Commission on Allied Personnel in Ophthalmology.
Other Skills, Competencies and Qualifications:
- Ability to position patients and operate sophisticated Ophthalmic equipment.
- Near visual acuity and eye-hand coordination sufficient to perform testing via various diagnostic equipment and administer topical eye preparations.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with patients, physicians, and hospital staff.
- Must maintain confidentiality of patient information.
- Assumes accountability for demonstrating behaviors consistent with the customer service policy.
- Population Specific Competency: Ability to effectively interact with populations of patients/customers with an understanding of their needs for self-respect and dignity.
Level of Physical Demands:
Apply Online: https://localeyesite.com/job/ophthalmic-technician-0917-akron-oh-37445
<<< Back to Jobs listing
- Sedentary: Exerts up to ten pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently.