BUSINESS: Retailers EssilorLuxottica Announces Final Results of its Public Offer for GrandVision Shares By Staff Thursday, December 23, 2021 12:24 AM CHARENTON-LE-PONT, France and SCHIPHOL, the Netherlands—EssilorLuxottica and GrandVision this week announced the results of the post-acceptance period for GrandVision shares that ended Dec. 20. During the post-acceptance period, 268,744 GrandVision shares have been tendered under the offer, representing an interest of approximately 0.11 percent of the issued share capital of GrandVision, the announcement noted. Including the 99.73 percent interest already held by EssilorLuxottica, the acquiring company will hold a total of 254,031,577 GrandVision shares, representing approximately 99.84 percent of the issued share capital of GrandVision.This amounts to approximately 99.89 percent of the issued and outstanding shares in GrandVision, the announcement said. EssilorLuxottica completed its transaction with HAL Holding in July for its 76.72 percent ownership interest in GrandVision from HAL Optical Investments, a wholly-owned subsidiary of HAL Holding, as VMAIL reported. The deal was valued at about $8.7 billion. GrandVision is the parent of the For Eyes optical retail group in the U.S. GrandVision shareholders who accepted the offer shall receive the offer price for each share validly tendered (or defectively tendered provided that such defect has been waived by the offeror) and delivered under the terms and restrictions of the offer, according to the announcement. Settlement of the offer shall occur and payment of the offer price per share validly tendered (or defectively tendered provided that such defect has been waived by the offeror) shall take place Dec. 23, 2021. (The settlement process for the tendered shares was scheduled to take place Dec. 8, with the scheduled “offer price” of €28.42 per share.) In addition, as announced on Dec. 13, the listing and trading of the GrandVision shares on Euronext Amsterdam will be terminated, as a result of EssilorLuxottica holding more than 95 percent of the shares. In consultation with Euronext, it has been decided that delisting will take place Jan. 10, 2022, and the last trading day of the shares will therefore be Jan. 7, 2022, according to the EssilorLuxottica announcement this week. As the offeror has acquired more than 95 percent of the shares, the offeror intends to initiate, as soon as possible, the buy-out reference of the offer memorandum. Digital copies of the offer memorandum are available on the EssilorLuxottica website and digital copies of the offer memorandum and position statement are available on the website of GrandVision. Such websites do not constitute part of, and are not incorporated by reference into, the offer memorandum.