MANALAPAN, N.J.—The Neuro-Optometric Rehabilitation Association International
(NORA) announced the addition of six new members to its advisory board, at the Association’s 27th Annual Conference, held last month in St. Louis. “Our new advisory board members bring a rich mix of backgrounds and experiences that will help NORA increase public and professional awareness and understanding of the need for and where to find Neuro-Optometric Rehabilitation services, advance professional knowledge and understanding of Neuro-Optometric care, and encourage an interdisciplinary team approach among all professionals who provide rehabilitative services to individuals who have suffered a traumatic brain injury,” said NORA president, Susan Daniel, OD.
Joining the group’s advisory board are:
• Tanya Polec, OD, FCOVD, a neuro-optometric concussion specialist at VQ Learning Sports Rehab in North Central Tucson, Ariz.
• Hannu Laukkanen, OD, Med, FAAO, FCOVD, professor emeritus of optometry and graduate instructor in Pacific University’s Vision Science, Education, and International programs.
• Jill Schulz, OD, FAAO, a practitioner practice at Bright Eyes Vision Clinic in Minnetonka and Otsego, Minn.
• Shirley Ha, OD, FCOVD, a board-certified Fellow of the College of Optometrists in Vision Therapy and director of membership for Canadian Optometrists in Vision Development & Rehabilitation.
• Patti Andrich, MA, OTR/L, COVT, CINPP, an occupational therapist at the Vision Development Team in Royalton, Ohio.
• Gina Kim, MOT, OTR/L, CBIS, the lead therapist/occupational therapist at the Centre for Neuro Skills, a post-acute brain injury clinic in Encino, Calif.
Neuro-Optometric Rehabilitation Association, International (NORA), based here, is an inter-disciplinary group of professionals dedicated to providing patients who have physical or cognitive disabilities as a result of an acquired brain injury with a complete ocular health evaluation and optimum visual rehabilitation education and services to improve their quality of life.