[Partner Post] 2 Ways to Restore Efficiency in Your Eyecare Practice
By CLICK Staff
Thursday, May 10, 2018 3:27 PM
It’s easy to get lost in the day-to-day of running your eyecare practice that you forget to step back and pay attention to the efficiency of your processes, workflow and software systems. But as time goes on you can easily slip back into old habits, or not keep up-to-date with the latest technology that can improve efficiency throughout your practice.
VisionWeb recently released a new eBook
filled with 10 ideas on restoring efficiency in your eyecare practice. Today, we’re going to run through two of those ideas. Download the eBook
to get the full list.
1. Prevent Denials, Don’t Manage Them
Coding insurance claims correctly can sometimes be one of the most difficult and confusing tasks in an eyecare practice. Claims that are coded incorrectly have to be resubmitted and can be a big time-waster for your biller. The best way to avoid this wasted time is to use tools that help you get It right the first time.
- Take Advantage of Online Resources: You’ll be able to find great coding resources through national, regional, and state associations. The AOA is a great resource and offers a Certified Paraoptometric Coder Certification course to help you and your team stay up-to-date with the latest in coding.
- Consult with Payers for Guidelines: Checking in with payers for their guidelines is a good way to make sure you’re covering all of your bases. Different payers prefer different codes, and by knowing which type each payer prefers, you can save time avoiding claims being sent back for improper coding.
- Outsource Your Claims: Claim management can be especially hard to stay on top of if you have a lot of turnover in your biller role. If this is the case for your practice, outsourcing your claim filing could be the best solutions to help you stay on top of denials and rejections.
2. Maximize Your Practice Management System
If you aren’t fully utilizing your practice management and EHR software to the best of its abilities, you’re probably lacking in workflow efficiency. Or, if you’re using a clunky outdated system it could be slowing down all corners of your business. For something you and your staff depend on so highly each day, you should have the best system on the market and be trained properly so that you’re using the system in the best way possible.
Read how one OD maximized optometry software in his modern practice.
Want to learn 8 more ways to restore efficiency in your eyecare practice? Download the eBook, 10 Ways to Restore Efficiency in Your Eyecare Practice.